Tuesday, July 28, 2020

CHAPTER 1: Let's give it a go!


What if this happens, what if that happens? And if this is what has to happen then I better not try.  Have you read Paulo Coelho’s “The Alchemist”? There was a quote there, saying “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” There was even a Shahrukh Kan’s dialogue saying the same things, 

But I don’t have the same thoughts, rather I think exactly opposite to it. “Whenever we want something with true determination then the whole world will try to create an obstacle between us and our destination. Don’t you think?

Have you ever faced any setback as soon as you start something new? Then what do you feel?
Well, I feel more enthusiastic about my journey to the success. I think reading the autobiographies of all those successful people paid off. There isn’t a single strong person with an easy past as far as my knowledge. Nobody has invented a new thing in a single go, without failing. Each one of them tried to shoot in the darkness. They failed numerous times, and each time they failed, they felt to be one step closer to their goals. Then, why should I get disheartened so easily and accept defeat.

Success is not a destination, it's a journey. ‌ There's no definition of success…. When you are successful it becomes a definition. 
There might be many definitions for success but if you turn out to be successful, then you yourself will become a definition of success. And for that we will have to step out of our comfort zone. Nothing in life is worthwhile unless you take risk.
The greatest risk is not taking one. You will miss 100% of the shots you never take. And in the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.

If you don't take risks, you can't create a future. -Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose. -Bill Gates

A successful person is somebody who has no safety net underneath them, somebody who doesn’t always play it safe or they’ll die wondering.
It’s like a competition “RISK VS REGRET”.

Be patient enough to learn, but impatient enough to take risks. -Cynthia Tidwell

There are so many people around me who have these incredible ideas, fantastic brains who want to do something that would make them satisfied, happy. Hey! I am not talking about the works that they are doing in their daily routine to earn for their living and make everyone around them happy. Something that they desire to achieve…. Like if you have read or watched Harry Potter, you may know about the Mirror of Erised. It shows your deepest desires in reflection. 


But they do not take the step because they think that it’s motivation that they are missing, a little push and maybe they would achieve it. But, that’s not true. The truth is that we human beings are not designed to do things that are uncomfortable or risky. Our brain has the tendency to reflex and pull ourselves away from the danger to protect us, our bodies. It’s a boundless anatomy. We all have a habit of hesitating.
Once I was in a group discussion and I had this amazing idea, instead of just saying it all aloud I paused and hesitated. Then I realised how the brain functions. The brain starts finding a way to protect you and one of the ways is called the spotlight effect. It’s a known phenomenon where the brain tends to magnify the condition, situation that triggers our hesitation and pulls you away from something that perceives to be a problem. This was the times when I answered my very own question “what is it that I will truly lose?”  If I take this step then, it can cost me failure, a financial instability and some  experiences that I cannot even imagine in my worst nightmares…. And this failure will end me back up to where I started, the same place I am right now, at this very moment. So, what is it I exactly lose?
We let our fear of failure dictate our actions. We fear what will others say. When I took a decision for myself, for my future, the first thought that came to my mind will my parents allow, will I be able to do, am I right taking this step and the most important thing this is something new, which I never did before nor anyone from my family did. Yeah! I know, I know the first thought had more than one thought.
This step may make me fall behind my friends and mates, knowing all the risks and struggles that are waiting for me and so on. For once, for just a tini-tiny moment, I hesitated but then I thought that if I don’t try then I would surely fail. Many people called me stupid to leave such a secure field. 
Hey! Let me ask you something. Do you know the difference between stupidity and genius? It is that genius has its limits. So, being a stupid meant to me a person controlling their remote themselves.
Well, the risk I took was calculated. But man, I am bad at maths😅. And right now, I am more than ready to take another risk and I am still working on my calculations.
What matters truly is YOU. You are in possession of a gift, your idea, your talent and whatever that is, you just need to take a leap to get closer to a better, stronger version of yourself.
If for once we try and find the root cause of the problem or complaint in our life, the ultimate answer will be silence and hesitation. Our goal can only depend on our initiative. Nothing from outside can push us to move forward. If we want to be champions, we can only rely on our will power. We can't be defeated by any pressure. Dreams won't shine, what will shine is you who chase for your dreams. It’s a journey filled with ups and downs. We will experience confusions, frustrations, failures and pains. But all this can't be compared to the satisfaction of achieving goals and outdoing ourselves, and the excitement of dreams coming true. Take risks, if you win, you’ll be happy and if you lose, you’ll be wise. If you feel confused about the road ahead, ask yourself, what is the thing you truly love and dream about?


Don’t get stuck in your own little world because the purpose of life is to explore and experience or you’ll get stagnant. In the scheme of life, hitting the snooze button is not that big of a deal.
It’s a knowledge-action gap where you get trapped, you know what to do but you can’t seem to make yourself to do it. It’s like just one google search away from the list of actions that you need to do. If you follow any of them, it may change your life. If you want fame, you have to be prepared for a long hard slog. So, in order to achieve your dreams and goals, you’ll go through tough times for sure but hold on!


STOP CLENCHING ONTO YOURSELF AND GIVE IT A GO!

3 comments:

  1. It can really give boost start to person who had lost hope and given up the path of hard work and dreams.
    Keep up the amazing work and i hope to read more of your amazing blogs soon.

    ReplyDelete